Hanna TFP Beauty Shoot | Sony a7 | Sony Zeiss 55mm f/1.8
Beauty Shoot with Hanna
I have been lucky enough to work with Hanna a few times over the last 2 years. We met on a TFP swimsuit beauty shoot in Richardson, TX and we have stayed good friends since then. For this particular shoot, I was asked to come out to the lake and work in more of a natural light shooting scenario. Lots of trees, and the lake as a background.
The Concept, Model, and Location
They beautiful Hanna has stunning eyes that I knew would be the focal point of most of my photos. The black dress styling and make-up were decided beforehand with the Make-up artist before coming on location. We started the shoot around 6:00 pm knowing the sunlight would be dim around 7:15 and finally full sunset around 7:40. We timed the shoot just right so we could catch the beautiful golden light coming from the sun.
What I learned from this Beauty Shoot
Working on a beauty shoot during golden hour brings its own set of challenges. I had to work on the sharp shadows that were coming from all different angles onto the model. I tried to keep Hanna in more open areas so the light would glide more smoothly and evenly over her face. Post processing included white-balance adjustments, and lightening up the images.
Sony Cameras for Portrait Photography:
Sony a7iii Mirrorless Camera – 3rd Generation Sony Mirrorless Camera
Sony a7ii Mirrorless Camera w/IBIS – 2nd Generation Sony Mirrorless Camera
The Sony A7 Mirrorless Camera – Great full-frame starter camera for beginners
Sony Lenses for Portraits:
Sony 85mm f1.4 G-Master – Best 85mm portrait lens
Batis 85mm f1.8 – Lightweight 85mm portrait lens
Sony 85mm f1.8 – Smallest 85mm portrait lens
Sony Zeiss 55mm f1.8 – Small, sharp, lightweight portrait lens (my favorite lens)
The Sony 50mm f1.8 – Cheap starter nifty fifty
The Sony Zeiss 35mm f1.4 – Great wide option for portraits and lifestyle images
Sony 24-70 G-Master f2.8 – Sharp and versatile zoom lens
Sony 24-105 G Lens f4.0 – One of the best zooms for Sony
The Sony 70-200 G-Master Lens f2.8 – Long range telephoto zoom
More TFP Model Articles
- Studio Boudoir Session with Sabrina Lynn
- Yesenia bathing in light: A natural light boudoir shoot
- Downtown Fort Worth Photoshoot with Abigail
- Studio fashion portrait session with the amazing Jennifer Hurtado
- Nasiba and a Natural Light Swimsuit Photography session
- Jessie and Anna TFP Model session
- Natural light beauty Iana in Grapevine Portrait Session
More Photography Learning Articles
- Sony A7 Portrait Photography
- Portrait Photography for beginners – Tips for your first shoot on location
- No plans, no excuses: Just go shoot
- Natural Light vs Studio Lighting: Which do I prefer
- Portraits of her: 7 tips for working with Models on TFP shoots
- The biggest beginner photography mistakes I made in my first year, and how I fixed them
FREE Portrait Guide
Sign up for our newsletter and learn how I got started working with models and doing portrait photography. Sign up and receive an email link to the FREE Guide.
My name is Jason, and welcome to my photography blog. I’m a Sony Portrait Photographer located in the Dallas area. Make sure to check out my site, and thanks for stopping by.